Home » Car of the Year 2024, the seven finalists of the Coty award on display in Courmayeur

Car of the Year 2024, the seven finalists of the Coty award on display in Courmayeur

by admin
Car of the Year 2024, the seven finalists of the Coty award on display in Courmayeur

The Car of the Year since 1964 rewards the most interesting car of the year, organized by nine European newspapers and for Italy represented by the monthly automotive sector. The seven finalist cars from 23 to 25 February in Courmayeur in the Piazza dello Chalet de L’Ange. As usual, this year too, enthusiasts will have the opportunity to test the cars on Saturday and Sunday by registering on the site or directly at the desk in the center of the car display. The winner will be chosen in Geneva on February 26th during the International Motor Show.

Car of the year, the 7 finalists on the track in France under the lens of the Coty jurors

Confirming the great attention of the voting journalists, the seven selected cars represent not only the current mobility transition, but innovation regarding design and on-board technology, especially in terms of safety. Of the seven finalists, six cars are full electric, two of these also with internal combustion engines, and one is available full hybrid or hybrid plug-in.

BMW Serie 5/i5, BYD Seal, Kia EV9, Peugeot 3008/E-3008, Renault Scenic E-Tech Electric, Toyota C-HR e Volvo EX30.

These are the finalist cars that enthusiasts will find on display and will be able to discover all the secrets thanks to the journalists from the Auto magazine present at the three stages and which they will be able to try out supported by the instructors of the X-Driving School. Furthermore, enthusiasts will also find and be able to try the Jeep Avenger, Car of the Year 2023. The Car of the Year award has been organized for 61 years by nine prestigious international newspapers and its validity is ensured by the large number of voters, 59 journalists of 22 countries who, after analyzing the candidates, select the seven finalists. The final vote and the consequent election of the winner will take place on Monday 26 February at the Geneva International Motor Show at 8:00 am, but it will be possible in live streaming on the website www.auto.it.

See also  Minimum wage, united opposition. Political turning point, but Renzi is called out

The choice of the locations of Milan, Breuil-Cervinia and Courmayeur Mont Blanc was made to allow enthusiasts to carry out test drives in different road conditions, on snow and on mountain hairpin bends at the foot of the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc and on routes more citizens in the Lombardy capital. The two destinations of Breuil-Cervinia and Courmayeur are not a random choice, but one made by the Auto editorial staff as the Aosta Valley is the greenest region of Italy. In fact, more than other regions, it is working on the transition of mobility towards electric. It independently produces the energy necessary for its needs and exceeds 65% of energy, which it transfers to the national electricity grid. 99% of the region’s electricity is produced via hydroelectric plants and the remaining 1% is generated by photovoltaic systems. 100% of the municipalities in the Aosta Valley have at least one renewable energy system, and have the highest ratio of electric car charging stations per inhabitant.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy