God of War: Ragnarok developer Sony Santa Monica Studios took to Twitter to comment on recent harassment of its employees by “fans”. A slew of leaks and rumors had previously claimed that Sony would reveal a release date for the God of War sequel last week, but then credible sources, including former Kotaku writer Jason Schreier, later said the release date announcement was pushed back at the last minute.
Alibaba Cloud’s “Shadowless Cloud Computer” supports enterprises to quickly realize home office
Sony official flagship store
Unfortunately, the delay appears to have left some players of the series unhappy, with some seemingly taking their frustration out on the game’s developers, including producer Estelle Tigani, the creator of God of War. Designer and creator Corey Barlog has both tweeted urging fans to show some hard-earned respect for his team, and Sony’s Santa Monica studio has now issued a post after its employees were harassed. an official statement.
“Everyone at Santa Monica Studios has worked hard to create a game we’re proud of, one we hope you’ll enjoy playing when it’s released,” the statement said. “Our fans inspire us, and we understand. Passion and desire for more information. But this passion should not be poisonous or at the expense of any human dignity.”
Sony’s studio added: “Let’s be kind to our community and treat each other with the respect that every gamer and developer does.”
The latest news suggests that God of War: Ragnarok’s release date could be November 11. It’s the sequel to 2018’s God of War for PlayStation 4 and is expected to release to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 by the end of the year. The game, which was set to release last year, was delayed in part because COVID-19 and the recovery process of actor Christopher Judge, who played Kratos, hampered progress.