rankings updated to 11 October 2021
Born in 2010 with a simple amateur photo sharing tool, Instagram has become a tool used by over 1 billion people. In Italy, the social network that is part of the Facebook family, captures the attention of over 28 million people every month. Over time, the quality of the content has increased and the formats available now also include stories and videos (short, long and live). All creative tools that make Instagram a place to follow the life of your idols, but also to find out about the most disparate topics.
According to the Buzzoole Discovery data, among the top 10 Italian personalities with the highest number of followers we find above all the well-known faces of TV, entertainment and sport. But the podium was upset by a guy like many who conquered the whole world.
10. Gianluigi Buffon. The Juventus goalkeeper on Instagram shares the shots of training and post-match with his 10.1 million followers.
9. Bethlehem Rodriguez. The well-known television showgirl gained 10.2 million followers. Belén publishes glossy shots of moments in the company of the family, trips to wonderful places and collaborations with prestigious companies almost daily.
8. Valentino Rossi. The driver most loved by Italians, with his 11.6 million followers, uses Instagram to share images of the races, the pits and behind the scenes.
7. Michele Morrone. Michele is an Italian actor, singer, model and designer. On her Instagram profile she posts shots of her collaborations in the fashion field for a community of 12.8 million followers.
6. Fedez. She has over 12.9 million followers, Chiara Ferragni’s rapper and husband who uses the feed to share moments of her life and stories for her forays into social and political issues.
5. Alvaro Morata. The Juventus striker posts photos of his daily life in the company of his wife, model and influencer Alice Campello, and his sons Alessandro, Edoardo and Leonardo. His profile also rich in field shots is followed by over 14.7 million followers.
4. Arturo vidal. The Inter midfielder, with 15 million followers on Instagram, alternates shots of his training with those of the matches with the Nerazzurri shirt and with his beloved Chilean national team.
3. Gianluca Vacchi. The famous entrepreneur and influencer with 21 million followers shares his gags and moments that characterize his life. Vacchi also works as a deejay, musician and actor.
2. Chiara Ferragni. The best-known influencer in Italy to his 25.1 million followers talks about his private, alternating it with his entrepreneurial projects and his commercial collaborations.
1. Khaby Lame. With over 49 million followers, Khabane Lame the boy of Senegalese origins who, in a very short time, ousted the most popular influencers on TikTok and Instagram. His videos, based only on his facial expressions, are ironic responses (in jargon “reaction”) to other people’s films.
* Vincenzo Cosenza he is marketing expert and CMO of Buzzoole: he writes on his blog vincos.it about the intersection between marketing and technology