Home News Councilor Pellegrini and the fire in via San Lucano: “You couldn’t breathe and you couldn’t see anything”

Councilor Pellegrini and the fire in via San Lucano: “You couldn’t breathe and you couldn’t see anything”

by admin

The social representative of Palazzo Rosso also lives in the building: «It was like being in an oven. In those moments you just think about saving yourself, it was terrifying “

BELLUNO. Waking up in the middle of the night and running away from a fire to get to safety. The twelve people living in via San Lucano 28 lived a tremendous experience. Among them is the councilor of the Municipality of Belluno, Lucia Pellegrini. “I was asleep, it was 2 am,” he said yesterday morning, after having recovered some personal belongings in the apartment. “At one point I heard the bells ring. I looked out the peephole and there was terrible smoke in the hall. ‘ Pellegrini escaped using an internal staircase: “The smoke terrified me,” she continues. “It was dense, you couldn’t breathe. I saw the flames developing in an apartment, and then they involved a garage. It was scary. ‘

The firefighters and the police arrived immediately “and they were all exceptional,” continues Councilor Pellegrini. “They took out, one by one, the residents on the third floor, who couldn’t even open the apartment door because of the amount of smoke there was. It was impressive ».

Pellegrini found accommodation with a relative: “We don’t know when we will be able to return home,” she still said yesterday morning. “I only have smoke damage in my apartment, fortunately, because in the house a person also has a thousand memories, in addition to the necessary things … In the tragedy, we can say that it went well, given the situation, the fact that the fire broke out in the middle of the night when we were all asleep. ‘

See also  Hypertension: How giraffes can adapt to super high blood pressure without getting sick-BBC News

The commissioner yesterday also checked the health conditions of the family who lives on the ground floor, which had been taken to the hospital as a precaution. “The worst is over, but now we need to recover from the shock. If I lived it myself, who didn’t have flames in the house, I don’t dare to imagine what they experienced ».

Flames that Pellegrini defines as «impressive. It was like being in an oven. You couldn’t see anything on the stairs, there was a very dense fog, now there is a patina of greasy soot on the ground, it’s really impressive. Besides, you are never prepared to face such a thing. You have nothing under control, you just think about saving yourself, escaping. For example, I forgot everything, I just took the phone and the house keys. I even left my glasses, which I needed. ‘ They were recovered yesterday morning.

“I thought about life, I really feared”, concludes Lucia Pellegrini. «The smoke was very high, the neighbors could see it even from a distance, above the roof. Everyone was terrified that the fire had now also affected the roof of the building, because there is an internal compartment that served as a chimney. It was impressive, but we’re fine. This is the important thing ».A.F.

.

0 comment
0

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy