Home » RB Leipzig exit from the Champions League after a 1-1 draw against Real Madrid

RB Leipzig exit from the Champions League after a 1-1 draw against Real Madrid

by admin
RB Leipzig exit from the Champions League after a 1-1 draw against Real Madrid

After RB Leipzig’s knockout in the Champions League at Real Madrid, the refereeing performance once again caused discussion. In particular, the scene in the 54th minute, when Vinicius Junior first fouled Leipzig’s captain and defense chief Willi Orban and then sent him to the ground with a violent attack on the halfway line, caused a stir.

“I say quite openly and honestly: If one of our players attacks the opponent like that, he will be thrown off the pitch one hundred percent,” said national player Benjamin Henrichs after the 1-1 draw on Wednesday evening and added: “And then it’s natural It’s bitter that Vinicius scores the goal even though he’s not actually allowed to be on the pitch anymore.”

Real coach Carlo Ancelotti defended his professional, who had taken the flattering lead in the 65th minute: “He pushed too hard. I didn’t see a red card.” Leipzig’s David Raum had a different perception of the Italian referee Davide Massa. “I wouldn’t say strange, but the way he talked to me and my teammates was a bit grim. He’s definitely a good referee, but we’re also nice and cool guys. He can talk to us normally. The Madrid players were addressed a little more politely,” said the defender, who gave the cross for Orban in the 68th minute, who equalized with a Hecht header.

After the goal was stolen in the first leg, when a header from Benjamin Sesko was not given in the opening phase and the video assistant did not intervene, this was the second controversial action by the referees. “First and foremost, it’s a shame that we have to talk about the refereeing performance in the Champions League. It must be clear that top people are being sent there. “He’s certainly a top referee, but he made a few bad decisions,” Raum said.

See also  Endrick taken by Real Madrid: Palmeiras' baby phenomenon will arrive in 2024

The feedback from opponents Antonio Rüdiger and Jude Bellingham, who expressed their appreciation for the RB performance, encouraged him. “All in all, Madrid know that we played a really good game, I think they are breathing hard in the dressing room and are happy that they have progressed.”

Ancelotti maintains his innocence in the proceedings

Meanwhile, Real coach Ancelotti emphasized after the game his innocence in the investigation into allegations of tax fraud. “I am convinced that I am innocent, that I was not a resident of Spain in 2015,” he told the Movistar + TV channel on Wednesday evening. “This is an old story that started eight years ago with a 2015 (tax) return where the tax office said I was a resident of Spain,” the 64-year-old added.

The public prosecutor’s office is demanding a prison sentence of four years and nine months for Ancelotti. “I hope that this will be resolved soon. “I can sleep peacefully,” said Ancelotti at the press conference after the game and calmly added: “My concern is that the team plays better.” Once again he assured that it was a topic that “has now been warmed up again.”

The Italian is accused of evading more than one million euros in taxes in 2014 and 2015, the public prosecutor’s office for the Autonomous Community of Madrid confirmed on Wednesday in response to a request from the German Press Agency. She accuses Ancelotti of stating his salary in his tax return during his two years as Real coach, but concealing his income from image rights from the tax authorities. The Italian emphasized that he had already paid the fine to the tax office. Now only the lawyers would speak to seek a solution, he added.

See also  Semi-finals, Champions League: Real Madrid vs. Manchester City - draw in the duel between the alpha teams

Christian Kamp, Madrid Published/Updated: Recommendations: 2 Published/Updated: Sebastian Stier Published/Updated: Recommendations: 1

Ancelotti first coached Real between 2013 and 2015 before being signed by FC Bayern Munich in 2016. Ancelotti’s second leg in Madrid began in the summer of 2021.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy