[NTD News September 12, 2021, Beijing time]Less than 10 days after US President Biden instructed the Department of Justice and related agencies to disclose the investigation documents of the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) September 11 The first declassified document was released late, with 16 pages in full, revealing the logistical support the two hijackers received in the United States.
According to this declassified document, a suspected Saudi intelligence agent provided support to at least two hijackers in Los Angeles before the 9/11 terrorist attack.
After the FBI interviewed a Saudi man who applied for U.S. citizenship in 2015, he found that the man had frequent contact with other Saudi nationals in the United States, and these Saudi nationals had provided “important logistical support to the first group of hijackers who arrived in the United States.” “.
The man’s name was deleted from the report. The report stated that the person interviewed had contact with the Saudi consulate in Los Angeles and had “personal dealings with the consulate’s leaders”.
The families of some of the victims of the “9•11” incident have been hoping that the federal government will publish documents to help them file a lawsuit against the Saudi government. The defense lawyer of the relatives of the victims said: “The results and conclusions of the FBI’s investigation verified our argument that the Saudi government was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.”
Although the first declassified document detailed the connections between the hijacker and his accomplices in the United States, it did not provide evidence of the Saudi government’s involvement in the conspiracy.
The Saudi authorities also deny the accusations made by the victims’ families over the past 20 years.
The Saudi Embassy in Washington said last week that they fully support the United States in deciphering all documents in order to “completely end the unprovoked accusations against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
Revealed: Overseas students support the suspects of two hijackers
Of the 19 hijackers, 15 were Saudis, including Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar when they first arrived in the United States in 2000. With the help of Omar al-Bayoumi, a national with ties to the Saudi government, he found an apartment in San Diego.
According to the documents, Bayumi was a student studying in California and was suspected of providing logistical support to the two hijackers. Bayumi said that he “accidentally met” the hijackers in a restaurant and then offered them help.
The document stated that during the interview, the FBI tried several times to determine whether the description was accurate or whether it was actually arranged in advance.
In addition, according to the 2017 court records of former FBI officials in Los Angeles, investigators found evidence that Bayumi was an undercover intelligence agent and was active in a terrorist organization.
The FBI launched the “9•11” investigation in 2006 to determine whether Saudi Arabia was involved in the attack. The investigation lasted for ten years and ended in 2016.
(Reporter Chen Beichen Comprehensive Report / Chief Editor: Lin Qing)
The URL of this article: https://www.ntdtv.com/gb/2021/09/12/a103214523.html