Home Business Volvo CEO says share price leaves room for shareholders to profit after IPO-Wall Street Journal

Volvo CEO says share price leaves room for shareholders to profit after IPO-Wall Street Journal

by admin

Volvo Cars CEO Hakan Samuelsson said on Monday that the company’s lower-than-expected valuation of the initial public offering (IPO) suggests that the Swedish automaker may need more time to get Investors are convinced of its plan to transform into a pure electric vehicle manufacturer. Volvo Cars is owned by the Chinese company Zhejiang Geely Holding Group.

Samuelson told The Wall Street Journal that the IPO valued Volvo Cars at about $19 billion, which is at the low end of the target range, and is far below the initial belief that Volvo is in the IPO transaction. The valuation of up to 25 billion US dollars is expected.

“The important thing is to leave the opportunity for new shareholders to participate in the valuation,” Samuelson said. “The important thing is to see the long-term valuation outlook.”

Volvo Car’s stock is expected to be listed for trading on Friday. About 18% of the company’s stock will be freely traded, and the remaining 82% will be held by Geely.

.

See also  Economic Events of the Week: China's GDP, US Industry and Housing Data-Wall Street Journal
0 comment
0

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy