(Original title: Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: Promoting the orderly transfer of manufacturing so that the market plays a decisive role in resource allocation)
Financial Associated Press reported on January 14 that 10 departments including the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued guidelines to promote the orderly transfer of manufacturing. The opinion emphasizes that the market should play a decisive role in resource allocation, the government should play a better role, promote the free flow of various production factors and concentrate them in advantageous areas, and improve the efficiency of resource allocation. Fully respect the dominant position of enterprises, and encourage enterprises to transfer in an orderly manner according to their own development needs. Adhere to the principle of marketization, guide financial institutions to innovate financial products, and study and support local governments to establish industrial transfer funds.
The original text is as follows:
Policy Interpretation of “Guiding Opinions on Promoting Orderly Transfer of Manufacturing Industry”
1. What is the background for the issuance of the document?
The Party Central Committee and the State Council attach great importance to industrial transfer. General Secretary Xi Jinping has made important instructions many times. In November 2020, he emphasized at the symposium on comprehensively promoting the development of the Yangtze River Economic Belt to guide the orderly transfer of capital, technology, and labor-intensive industries in the lower reaches to the upper and middle regions; The Politburo Standing Committee emphasized when listening to the summary evaluation report on poverty alleviation, encouraging and supporting the transfer of labor-intensive industries in the eastern and central regions to the western regions. The “Proposal of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on Formulating the Fourteenth Five-Year Plan for National Economic and Social Development and the Long-term Goals for the 2035″ proposes to promote the orderly transfer of industries in the country and optimize the layout of regional industrial chains; “The National Economy of the People’s Republic of China” The 14th Five-Year Plan for Social Development and the Outline of Vision 2035 proposes to optimize the layout of the regional industrial chain, guide key links of the industrial chain to stay in China, and strengthen the capacity building of the central, western and northeastern regions to undertake industrial transfer. At present, the reconstruction of the global industrial chain and supply chain is accelerating, and the integrity of my country’s industrial system and the security and stability of the industrial chain are facing great challenges. At the same time, the balance and coordination of my country’s regional development needs to be further enhanced, and the strategic depth advantage of industrial development has not been fully utilized. It is urgent to further improve the policy system to guide the orderly transfer of industries. The issuance of the “Guiding Opinions on Promoting the Orderly Transfer of Manufacturing Industries” (hereinafter referred to as the “Opinions”) is an important measure to implement the spirit of General Secretary Xi Jinping’s important instructions and the decisions and deployments of the Party Central Committee and the State Council. The urgent need for chain security and stability, and accelerating the construction of a new development pattern.
2. How to accurately grasp the overall requirements of industrial transfer?
To promote the orderly transfer of the manufacturing industry, it is necessary to follow the guidance of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, fully implement the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China and the 19th Plenary Sessions, base itself on the new development stage, fully, accurately and comprehensively implement the new development concept, and build a new Development pattern, promote high-quality development, adhere to market orientation, government guidance, and voluntary cooperation, coordinate resources and environment, factor endowments, industrial foundations, and carbon neutralization goals, innovate systems and mechanisms, improve policy systems, and promote orderly flow of resources and elements , to guide the rational and orderly transfer of industries, maintain the integrity of the industrial chain and supply chain, and promote the formation of a manufacturing development pattern with reasonable regional division of labor and joint development. The “Opinions” have five main considerations for promoting the orderly transfer of manufacturing industries:
(1) Adhere to market leadership and government guidance. Respect the dominant position of enterprises, make the market play a decisive role in resource allocation, better play the role of the government, promote the free flow of various production factors and concentrate them in advantageous areas, and improve the efficiency of resource allocation. At the same time, strengthen policy guidance in key areas and key links to make up for market failures.
(2) Adhere to policies tailored to industry and local conditions. According to the development characteristics of different types of industries, precise policies and classification guidance are implemented. At the same time, based on the industrial base and resource endowment conditions of various regions, promote the transfer of differentiated undertaking industries, enhance the carrying capacity of central cities and urban agglomerations, and support special regions to undertake the development of characteristic industries.
(3) Persist in consolidating advantages and developing in dislocation. Focusing on the goal of strengthening regional industrial cooperation and promoting regional coordinated development, encourage exploration of new paths and new methods of inter-regional industrial cooperation. Through policy guidance to optimize the industrial layout, according to the resource endowment of industrial development in each region, support each region to give full play to its own comparative advantages, and form a pattern of mutual promotion and coordinated development of industrial development in various regions.
(4) Adhere to ecological priority and safe development. In accordance with the ideas of ecological priority, green development, safe development, and scientific development, on the basis of meeting the requirements of ecological environment zoning management and control, it will undertake the development of dominant industries.
(5) Adhere to open cooperation, mutual benefit and win-win results. It is necessary to not only promote domestic industrial transfer cooperation based on the domestic market and industrial demand, but also undertake international industrial transfer at a high level, cultivate new advantages in my country’s industrial competition under the new situation, and build a new system with the domestic cycle as the main body and the domestic and international dual cycles promoting each other. development pattern.
3. How to grasp the key direction of manufacturing transfer and undertaking?
The “Opinions” fully respect the dominant position of enterprises in the process of industrial transfer, and at the same time strengthen the government’s policy guidance in key areas and key links, and propose key directions and key industries for manufacturing transfer and undertaking.
(1) From the industrial dimension, combined with the characteristics and development stages of different industries, focus on enhancing the rootedness and integrity of the industrial chain. Guide labor-intensive industries, technology-intensive industries, high-capacity industries, and producer service industries to transfer to the central, western and northeastern regions that meet their development conditions.
(2) From a regional perspective, guide all regions to coordinate resource and environmental factor endowments, industrial development foundation, dual control of energy consumption, and carbon neutralization goals, and undertake industrial transfer in a differentiated manner. The first is to give play to the comparative advantages of each region, and put forward the key directions for the eastern, central, western and northeastern regions. The second is to attach importance to the development of industries in special types of areas such as underdeveloped areas, old revolutionary areas, and border areas, tap development potential, expand development space, and encourage the development of characteristic industries. The third is to promote higher-quality transfer and undertaking of central cities and urban agglomerations.
At the same time, the “Opinions” insisted on paying equal attention to “bringing in” and “going out”, highlighting the openness of industrial transfer cooperation, and proposed cooperation in improving the foreign investment service system, improving the level of foreign investment utilization, and promoting the high-quality development of the “Belt and Road” initiative. direction.
4. What are the main features of the “Opinions”?
The “Opinions” clearly put forward “what to transfer”, “who undertakes” and “how to undertake” the manufacturing industry, and proposes the key direction, key industries and safeguard measures for the transfer, which has four characteristics:
(1) Promote a better combination of efficient markets and promising governments. The “Opinions” emphasize that the market should play a decisive role in resource allocation, better play the role of the government, promote the free flow of various production factors and concentrate them in advantageous areas, and improve the efficiency of resource allocation. Fully respect the dominant position of enterprises, and encourage enterprises to transfer in an orderly manner according to their own development needs. Adhere to the principle of marketization, guide financial institutions to innovate financial products, and study and support local governments to establish industrial transfer funds.
(2) Attach great importance to ecological environment requirements. The “Opinions” implement the relevant requirements of ecological environmental protection, take the overall planning of resources and the environment, and the goal of carbon peaking and carbon neutrality as the guiding ideology for carrying out work, and highlight specific requirements such as zoning management and control of the ecological environment in the work. It is proposed to strictly implement the production capacity replacement method, and resolutely curb the blind development of “two high” projects.
(3) Accurate and complementary to the catalogue. At present, the catalogues for optimizing the industrial layout mainly include the catalogue of industries for encouraging foreign investment, the catalogue for guidance on industrial development and transfer, the catalogue for encouraged industries in the western region, and the catalogue for guidance on industrial structure adjustment. Among them, the Industrial Development and Transfer Guidance Catalogue (hereinafter referred to as the “Catalogue”) is based on the resource endowment, industrial development foundation, resource conditions, etc. of each region, and guides each region to determine and develop according to its own conditions from the two aspects of prioritizing development and guiding optimization and adjustment. related industries, and proposed the main undertaking grounds to help the high-quality development of local industries. The “Opinions” is the program of the “Catalogue”, and the “Catalogue” is a refinement of the “Opinions”, and the two complement each other and jointly promote the orderly development of industrial transfer work.
(4) Innovate and propose three modes of transfer and cooperation. The “Opinions” meet the needs of the modernization of the industrial chain and supply chain, and put forward three models in combination with the actual industrial transfer work. The first is to promote the upstream and downstream docking and cooperation mode of the industrial chain and supply chain, and create a competitive industrial chain and supply chain ecosystem. The second is to innovate the inter-regional industrial transfer cooperation model, and support the eastern region to support the development of the central, western and northeastern regions through trusteeship and joint construction. The third is to explore the cross-regional transfer and cooperation model of scientific and technological achievements, and encourage the incubation and transformation of scientific and technological innovation achievements in the eastern region in the central, western and northeastern regions. The “Opinions” enriched the paths of inter-regional industrial transfer cooperation through “three modes”, and provided a reference for the orderly promotion of industrial transfer work in various regions.
V. How does the “Opinions” guarantee the development of industrial transfer?
In recent years, my country’s industrial transfer practice has continuously achieved new results. Entering a new stage of development, the internal and external environment of my country’s economic development has undergone profound and complex changes. The “Opinions” adhere to goal orientation, focus on institutional innovation and policy environment optimization, and focus on solving practical problems.
(1) System and mechanism. The first is to solve the institutional problems that hinder the flow of production factors. Including the establishment of a sharing mechanism for indicators such as output value, income, and land use, and an ecological protection compensation system, to encourage industries to transfer from and to undertake, and to optimize government services such as license registration, customs supervision, and information docking. The second is to strengthen demonstration, promotion and services. Including holding industrial transfer docking activities, and carrying out the selection of typical cooperation models for industrial transfer. Give play to the role of industry associations and create a number of industrial transfer pilot parks.
(2) The policy environment. The first is to highlight overall planning, and timely revise the guiding policies such as the industrial development and transfer guidance catalogue, the catalogue of industries for encouraging foreign investment, and refine the direction of transfer. The second is to strengthen financial support, guide financial institutions to innovate financial products that support industrial transfer cooperation, and study and support local governments to set up industrial transfer funds under the premise of controllable risks and adherence to marketization. The third is to improve the element support. From the aspects of logistics, land, talents, etc., improve various supporting measures for industrial transfer work, and maximize the release of policy effectiveness.
6. How to promote the implementation of the document?
(1) Collaborate with multiple departments. The “Opinions” are jointly issued by 10 departments of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Commerce, the People’s Bank of China, the General Administration of Customs and the State Administration for Market Regulation. The departments will, in accordance with the division of responsibilities, strengthen overall planning and coordination, do a good job in organizational guidance and coordination services, implement and improve relevant policies and measures, guide relevant local units to refine the implementation and implementation of relevant policies, and give full play to the active role of various departments in promoting industrial transfer. Form a work force to jointly guide the orderly transfer of the manufacturing industry.
(2) Make detailed arrangements for work. After the “Opinions” are issued, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will carry out the following work: First, organize publicity and interpretation. For local industrial and information technology departments at all levels, industry associations, etc., to interpret and publicize the content of the “Opinions” in detail. The second is to establish a working mechanism. In conjunction with relevant departments, we will promote the formation of a working mechanism of horizontal coordination and vertical linkage. In accordance with the tasks specified in the “Opinions”, we will refine the division of key tasks and implement them one by one. The third is to strengthen process management. Strengthen information communication, experience exchange, find and solve problems in a timely manner, and ensure that key tasks are truly implemented.