Home » Christian Horner allegations: Red Bull team principal cleared of inappropriate behaviour

Christian Horner allegations: Red Bull team principal cleared of inappropriate behaviour

by admin
Christian Horner allegations: Red Bull team principal cleared of inappropriate behaviour

Red Bull’s team principal Christian Horner has been cleared following an internal investigation into his behaviour towards a female colleague.

Allegations of inappropriate and controlling behaviour had been made against the 50-year-old.

“Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial,” a spokesperson for the company said.

Horner, who has led Red Bull since 2005, denied the allegations.

He will remain in his role as team principal and chief executive of Red Bull F1.

The statement, which was issued by Red Bull’s head office in Austria, added: “The complainant has a right of appeal.”

Red Bull provided no details of the allegations or the investigation.

The statement said: “The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned.

“Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards.”

Details of the allegations emerged on 5 February.

The decision by Red Bull, which follows a meeting of the company’s board of directors, comes after an eight-week investigation, which became public early this month.

Earlier on Wednesday, at the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton said the investigation was a “really important moment to make sure we stand true to our values”.

The seven-time world champion added: “We always have to do more to try to make the sport and the environment people work in feel safe and inclusive, and any allegations have to be taken very seriously.

See also  Bologna-Lazio, Thiago Motta: 'Arnautovic angry? ask him'

“It will be really interesting to see how it is dealt with and the effect it may well have on the sport.”

Last week, US car giant Ford, which will be Red Bull’s engine partner in F1 from 2026, made clear their annoyance with the time the investigation was taking and Red Bull’s lack of clarity.

Ford CEO Jim Farley wrote a letter to the team that was leaked to the Associated Press, externalin which he said he was “increasingly frustrated, however, by the lack of resolution or clear indication from you about when you anticipate a fair and just resolution of this matter.

“We are likewise frustrated by the lack of full transparency surrounding this matter with us, your corporate partners, and look forward to receiving a complete account of all findings.”

Red Bull’s three-time world champion Max Verstappen said in Bahrain he was “trusting the process of the investigation”.

He was asked twice whether he had full faith in Horner as team principal and each time ducked the question.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy