Home » ProColombia celebrates its 100th macro business conference in Cartagena de Indias

ProColombia celebrates its 100th macro business conference in Cartagena de Indias

by admin
ProColombia celebrates its 100th macro business conference in Cartagena de Indias

Under the initiative of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, ProColombia is preparing to commemorate the 100th edition of its macro business conferences.

This event, recognized as the most relevant international trade promotion activity in Colombia, offers a fundamental platform for Colombian companies, especially MSMEs, to meet international buyers and strengthen their commercial ties.

The commemorative edition will take place from April 22 to 26, 2024 at the Cartagena de Indias Convention Center, marking a significant moment as it returns to the place where it was first held in 1997.

The Minister of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, Germán Umaña Mendoza, highlighted the importance of this commercial event as part of government actions to position the national offer of value-added goods and services in the international arena, thus promoting sustainable, productive internationalization. and inclusive.

“In the government of President Gustavo Petro Urrego we formulated foreign trade and reindustrialization policies that will allow us to expand the exportable supply, attract investment and improve our production processes and human capacity. With a more sophisticated, productive and sustainable business base, we will be able to reduce poverty, inequality, exclusion, and guarantee economic justice in all territories, objectives of the Government of Change,” said Umaña Mendoza.

In this edition, 1,797 Colombian exporters and 943 international buyers from 55 countries will participate, who will hold around 13,061 business meetings. With 81% of confirmed buyers attending in person and the remaining 19% virtually, broad participation from various regions and sectors is expected. For the first time, ProColombia achieved the participation of exporters from 30 of the 32 departments of Colombia.

See also  Why did a group of wild Asian elephants move north and two groups of wild Asian elephants move south?Expert interpretation|Beijing Forestry University|Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture_Sina News

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

To be well informed, receive relevant news and information in your email.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy