Home » Rafael Nadal announces return after injury to compete in the Barcelona ATP

Rafael Nadal announces return after injury to compete in the Barcelona ATP

by admin
Rafael Nadal announces return after injury to compete in the Barcelona ATP

This Monday (15), the tennis player Rafael Nadal announced at a press conference his return to the courts and confirmed that he will compete in the Barcelona ATP.

The 37-year-old athlete has been out of tournaments since January this year. The Spaniard’s debut will be this Tuesday (16) against the Italian Flavio Cobolli.

“I arrived here and left the decision until the last moment, because I didn’t know if I could play, but tomorrow I’ll be on the court,” said Nadal.

The Spaniard has not played an official match since January, when he suffered a hip injury during a tournament in Australia. Since then, he has suffered several injuries and was left out of the tournaments played this year.

Nadal also commented on how it feels to play in Barcelona this year It could be the last of your career and assured that he is not going for a walk.

“On a personal level it’s great to be in Barcelona in what I consider to be my last year. I want to enjoy every moment. In this life there is a beginning and an end. At a sporting level, that’s what it is. I will try to be competitive, I will not go out to receive honors,” she said.

Follow CNN Sports on all platforms

This content was originally created in Itatiaia.

Share:

See also  Russia recognises Ukrainian separatist regions as independent UN Security Council holds emergency meeting - BBC News

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy