Home » 2nd Bundesliga: Hannover – Braunschweig without away fans in the future?

2nd Bundesliga: Hannover – Braunschweig without away fans in the future?

by admin
2nd Bundesliga: Hannover – Braunschweig without away fans in the future?

As of: April 24, 2024 3:15 p.m

Interior Minister Behrens had repeatedly criticized the fan camps around the Niedersachsensenderby between Braunschweig and Hanover. Now the SPD politician has asked for the away fans to be excluded.

After a meeting with club representatives at the Interior Ministry on Wednesday, Behrens drew a “difficult conclusion.” Despite the serious efforts of the clubs and despite extensive measures by the police, a massive use of pyrotechnics, significant damage to property and injured people could once again not be prevented. All measures taken, both structural, technical and organizational, did not lead to any noticeable success.

Behrens: Stadium is being dismantled by a “masked minority”

The reason is the “aggressive behavior of a few chaotic people”. These seemed unteachable, said Behrens. The stadium is being dismantled by a “masked minority” and excessive pyrotechnics are being set off. This means a serious danger – for the majority of peaceful fans, for stewards and the police forces. “I don’t accept that and I don’t want to accept it any longer,” said Behrens. Behrens said that she had therefore asked those responsible at the clubs that the Lower Saxony derbies take place without external spectators in the coming season and that the guest curve remains empty.

Exclusion also possible for other “high-risk games”.

The point has been reached that the violent minority in the stadium is shown consequences. A corresponding empty guest curve should also be understood as a “clear signal” in the scene, said Behrens. The exclusion of away fans will initially only apply to the next season. Behrens announced that the country was also considering such measures for other so-called high-risk games – “as the method of choice.” Behrens also announced that he would invite all Lower Saxony football clubs from the first three leagues to a “security dialogue” before the new season. This should become a permanent format. At the same time, Behrens appealed to the German Football Association (DFB). He needs to work harder on the security guidelines – “and, above all, take measures,” said Behrens.

Eintracht Braunschweig: Exclusion of guest fans is the “last resort”

However, the exclusion of visiting fans does not seem to have been decided for the two affected second division soccer teams. The minister’s wishes are being taken seriously, said Nicole Kumpis, President of Eintracht Braunschweig. The club will discuss this within the organization. However, she believes that there are also other measures that Eintracht Braunschweig can implement before excluding the away fans. This is a “last resort” – one that one does not want to rule out, but one that one also wants to evaluate first within the club. Kumpis also appealed to the DFB and the German Football League (DFL): previous measures regarding riots in stadiums should be adjusted and improved.

See also  Victory against Wetzlar: THW Kiel is practically a champion | > - Sports

Hannover 96: A lot of talk, but little achieved

Hanover’s managing director Martin Kind also sees a need for discussions with the associations. With regard to the events at the Lower Saxony derbies and the security situation, Kind was critical: There was a lot of talk, but little was achieved. “Conversely, this shows that the measures are not yet sufficient,” said Kind. Kind called it a sensible idea that games would take place without away fans in the future. This needs to be discussed further. Kind announced that safety in the Hanover stadium is to be improved through planned construction measures. This will “most likely” begin after the end of the current season.

Fanhilfe Hannover: Further escalation is encouraged

Fanhilfe Hannover had previously criticized the minister’s initiative as populist. “Collective punishments” such as the exclusion of away fans should be rejected in their entirety, it said in a statement. Just like personalized tickets, this is neither appropriate nor proportionate. “With her careless and unrealistic actions, Daniela Behrens is further deepening the gaps between politics and the fan scene,” criticizes Fanhilfe. This would encourage further escalation. If the minister does not withdraw the plan, Fanhilfe Hannover will no longer take part in the relevant discussions, it was said.

Pyrotechnics and one injured after the last derby

Interior Minister Behrens summoned representatives from Hannover 96 and Eintracht Braunschweig to the ministry on Wednesday. The background was incidents at the second division encounter on April 14th. Stadium visitors repeatedly set off pyrotechnics during the game. The game was therefore interrupted at the beginning of the second half. After the final whistle, Hannover 96 supporters fired two flares into the stands of the Braunschweig fans. A folder was injured. Behrens had already met with representatives of both clubs in December and announced that he would do more to combat riots and pyrotechnics.

This topic in the program:
NDR 1 Lower Saxony | Current | April 24, 2024 | 14:00 clock

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy