Home » Former RAF trio: 161 new clues according to “file number XY” | > – News – Lower Saxony

Former RAF trio: 161 new clues according to “file number XY” | > – News – Lower Saxony

by admin
Former RAF trio: 161 new clues according to “file number XY” |  > – News – Lower Saxony

As of: February 15, 2024 5:45 p.m

After a report about the former suspected RAF terrorists Staub, Garweg and Klette in the ZDF program “Aktenzeichen XY… Unsolved” dozens of viewers came forward. The trio is said to have been in Hanover.

The authorities received 161 tips after the broadcast on Wednesday evening, 48 of which were anonymous BKMS-System, as the Verden public prosecutor announced to NDR Lower Saxony. The Lower Saxony State Criminal Police Office (LKA) is now evaluating this. The police have been looking for Ernst-Volker Staub, Daniela Marie Luise Klette and Burkhard Garweg for more than 25 years. They were part of the so-called third generation until the Red Army Faction (RAF) was dissolved in 1998. The LKA and the Verden public prosecutor’s office went public again last Friday to ask for new ones Information about the people you are looking for to obtain. In order to reach even more people, the manhunt also became the subject of the program “Aktenzeichen XY… Unsolved” on ZDF.

Prosecutor asks for help

The Verden public prosecutor Koray Freudenberg gave information about the investigation on Wednesday in the ZDF studio in Munich. “We are lucky that no one has been killed so far,” he said. Freudenberg also appealed to those who supported the suspected RAF terrorists to contact the public prosecutor’s office.

VIDEO: Ex-RAF trio: Investigators start new major manhunt (3 min)

An earlier call has already yielded 50 clues about RAF terrorists

As the public prosecutor announced on Wednesday, the police received 52 tips after the public appeal last Friday alone. These would now be checked. This also includes information that was reported anonymously via the BKMS system, Freudenberg told NDR Lower Saxony on Tuesday.

See also  Apostolic Charter "Go and proclaim the Gospel": a Church more focused on mission and fellowship - Vatican News

International search

According to the public prosecutor’s office, the search for the three suspected RAF terrorists will now be expanded internationally. Accordingly, the wanted call should be distributed worldwide in English, Spanish, French and Arabic via the Europol and Interpol networks and shared on social media. The authorities say they are calling on the population to spread links online.

Burdock, Garweg and dust are probably on the move in the Hanover area at times

The LKA is using this leaflet, among other things, to search for the three suspected criminals.

Specifically, it is not about crimes from the RAF era, but about attempted murder and serious robberies between 1999 and 2016. Those wanted are said to have committed the crimes in order to secure their livelihood. According to the public prosecutor’s office, Staub, Garweg and Burdock also stayed in Lower Saxony for a long time. “In the preparation phases of the crime in 2015 and 2016, we noticed a certain accumulation of contact points or contacts for the three in the Hanover area,” said Chief Public Prosecutor Freudenberg to NDR Lower Saxony.

Getaway cars were apparently also bought in Celle and Oldenburg

Independently of the television program, investigators announced on Thursday several locations and dates where dust, Garweg and burdock are said to have appeared between 2006 and 2016. The investigators assume that they bought getaway cars for robberies in Ronnenberg, Celle and Oldenburg, among other places. The three suspected ex-RAF members are also said to have been active in North Rhine-Westphalia at the time. What is striking is that they committed many of the attacks around the holidays, according to the Verden public prosecutor’s office. They also apparently used the cars for a longer period of time. According to the public prosecutor, witnesses could have noticed the parked cars.

See also  IN IMAGES: Hundreds of people welcomed María Corina during her visit to Calabozo this #1Feb

The ex-RAF trio had been staying here in Lower Saxony since 2006

  • April 7/8, 2009: Theft of a vehicle from a parking lot on Brandenburger Straße in Osnabrück.
  • January 2, 2015: Robbery at a “Kaufland” market in Osnabrück
  • End of 2014 and beginning of 2015: Purchase of the later crime vehicles for the crime in Groß Mackenstedt (Diepholz district). The buyer called himself Michael Jansen, came several times on foot and paid in cash.
  • June 6, 2015: attempted murder/attempted aggravated robbery in Groß Mackenstedt. The getaway vehicle was parked three kilometers away from the Groß-Ippener junction.
  • September 2015: Purchase of a blue Ford Focus in Ronnenberg (Hannover region).
  • November 2015: Purchase of a green VW Golf Variant in Celle. The buyer always showed up on foot and paid in cash. He called himself Robert Hagen.
  • December 28, 2015: Robbery on a cash-in-transit truck at the Real-Markt in Wolfsburg-Nordsteimke. The perpetrators fled in a blue Ford Focus with a Wolfsburg license plate. A green Golf Variant with a Wolfsburg license plate was left at the crime scene. The Ford Focus was found the following day without a license plate and covered with a camouflage net in a forest in Volkmarsdorf.
  • April 22, 2016: License plate theft in Diekholzen (Hildesheim district).
  • May 7, 2016: Robbery at a Rewe store in Hildesheim. The getaway vehicle, the VW Polo, was found without a license plate ten kilometers away in a forest between the towns of Ottbergen and Wöhle on the day of the crime.
  • June 25, 2016: Robbery on a cash-in-transit truck in Cremlingen (Wolfenbüttel district). The crime vehicles used were a silver Ford Mondeo with double license plates and a blue Opel Corsa with a false license plate.
See also  "Soul Kitchen": Fatih Akin's homeland film on NDR television | > - Culture

Any police station or the LKA Lower Saxony will receive relevant information at Telephone number (0511) 98 73 74 00 in contrast to. Information can also be submitted anonymously via the BKMS online reporting system.

The program “Aktenzeichen XY…Unsolved” on Wednesday was also about a robbery on a couple in Werlte (Emsland district).

Further information

The Verden public prosecutor’s office has confirmed investigations. Garweg and two other RAF members went into hiding. (03/31/2023) more

The Lower Saxony State Criminal Police Office announced Staub, Garweg and Klette for a Europe-wide search in 2020. (01/13/2021) more

Its origins lie in the ’68 movement. Then the RAF develops into the most brutal terrorist group in the republic. After almost 30 years, it disbanded in 1998. more

From the 1970s onwards, terrorist attacks by the RAF kept the Federal Republic in suspense and there were deaths. In the “German Autumn” of 1977 the situation escalated. more

This topic in the program:

Hello Lower Saxony | 02/15/2024 | 19:30 o’clock

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy